Well, this has been a hell of a year.
I had boy drama, trying but rewarding classes, a major car accident that's shaken me to the core about driving, a great opportunity and blessing of an internship, and becoming more open about myself and my own issues. It's been tough yet in many instances rewarding and a learning experience.
So here's what I learned this year:
- I am unable to put up with relationship drama when it begins rearing its ugly head. No matter how I feel about anyone I date, I can assert myself when I feel something's wrong and do what's best for me.
- I'm able to fall in love. And love is a tougher emotion than expected.
- I cannot afford to not pay careful attention when driving or risk losing my license. I love the independence driving affords me too much to lose it.
- I can create and build something of my own through hard work and connections.
- I can finally be open about things that I've been hiding all of my life and it'll be both rewarding and empowering. And moreover, people will accept me for my honesty and not judge me for it.
- I really am capable of a lot, I just have to begin believing it.
On that note, I began a blog about a very big part of my life. It's called Jumping Out of The Fishbowl
, and I encourage everyone here to follow it and subscribe via email. (I also have a Tumblr
you can follow as well.) It's part of my journey of being open and I appreciate any support I can get.